Flat cutting machine with unlimited work area. Movement on rails fixed to the ground.
The short and long of laser cutting
MAXIMO is a large 2D laser cutting system based on the PLATINO® platform, the tried-and-tested Prima Power 2D laser machine.
MAXIMO combines all the advantages of this machine with a very large work area. This result is obtained with a simple but highly effective solution: a complete PLATINO® machine -with its mechanical structure, laser generator, CNC, moving carriages, optical chain and focusing head – travelling on rails over a fixed working table, processing sheets up to 36 m in length.
In addition to the movement axes of the machine (the X- and Y1-axis for the longitudinal and transversal movements, the Z-axis for the vertical one), MAXIMO features a further Y2-axis, which allows the machine to move beyond its Y1-axis stroke, as far as the sheet metal to be processed requires.
- quickly and easily installed: no need of a complete foundation thanks to a patented solution for the main carriage guidance and isostatic support, only two plinths of the same length of the Y2-axis stroke are needed
- one or more support tables (length according to application) with relevant devices for fume extraction and scrap collection
- CO2 slab lasers from 4000 to 4500 W: wide range of materials and thicknesses, reduction of maintenance and service, minimized gas consumption, excellent beam quality
- rapid lens changing cartridge system (from 5" to 7.5")
- F-axis for controlling the focal position independently of the Z-axis
- SIPS (Safe Impact Protection System) protecting the machine head in case of collisions with workpieces or fixtures
- CNC P20L with Windows HMI, 15" Touch screen, Trackball, Tables On Board
- Optional remote console to use the machine during Y2 movements
- Optional webcam for the remote control of the work area during the process
- Total safety: protection cabin fully enclosing the work area