The compact PSBB line processes blank sheets from an automatic storage into ready-bent, high-quality components automatically. PSBB stands for punching – shearing – buffering – bending.
PSBB – a compact Prima Power FMS
Prima Power PSBB is a compact, flexible manufacturing line processing blank sheets into ready-bent, high-quality components. The Prima Power years of experience guarantee that the solution for each function, as well the overall engineering of the system, are based on thoroughly proven knowhow in
- system design
- machine tools and cells
- material handling automation
- customer support and
- Automatic storages and flexible buffering
The Combo storage allows processing of components from a variety of materials, which can be changed, as programmed, automatically. The sheets are transferred into a Shear Genius® or Shear Brilliance punching-shearing cell. After shearing the components are picked and stacked by a gantry robot for buffering and subsequent bending in an automatic bending cell. Alternatively, parts can be directly transferred to the bending process on conveyors.
When fast response time for material change is needed, a highly productive optional feature is available for loading single sheets to the PSBB line with a special gripper. Thus the COMBO storage crane has a dual function: handling sheets stacks on cassettes and loading individual sheets.
The PSBB can also be integrated in Night Train FMS® solutions.
Material flow can be arranged in flexible ways to transfer parts direct to automatic bending, to balance the different time requirements of bending and punching/shearing, to exit material from the system and to bring new material into it. The flexible and versatile buffering function ensures that optimum operation in terms of manufacturing cost and throughput time can always be chosen, whatever the manufacturing task at hand. Flexible buffering ensures optimal operation of integrated machines.
Automatic, flexible material flow
- Automatic information flow from programming to production reporting (monitoring of the order to delivery chain)
- An integrated production system, reducing the whole fabrication process into a single stage
- Fully automatic manufacturing stages
- Fully automatic material handling including intelligent buffering
- Minimum manufacturing time, maximum production time
- Optimal value stream from raw material to ready-made components